Going LIVE with Social Media for Virtual Programming in the Library
Virtual library services are more important than ever in libraries today. This interactive and informative course which will detail how to plan, market, and implement exciting live virtual programming through social media applications, such as virtual tabletop gaming events, storytimes, contests, and even cat cafes in your library today, all on a limited budget!
- Participants will learn how to plan, market, and implement engaging virtual library services in their own library.
- Participants will learn how to use current and emerging technologies in order to offer virtual library services.
- Participants will learn how to use Tiktok to create short marketing videos.
- Participants will learn how to use Facebook Live for virtual programs.
- Participants will learn how to use Instagram Live for virtual programs.
- Participants will learn how to use YouTube Live for virtual programs.
Instructor: Ellyssa Valenti Kroski
Ellyssa Valenti Kroski is the Director of Innovation and Engagement at the New York Law Institute as well as an award-winning editor and author of 75 books, including Law Librarianship in the Age of AI, for which she won the AALL’s 2020 Joseph L. Andrews Legal Literature Award. She is a librarian, an adjunct faculty member at San Jose State University, and an international conference speaker. She received the 2017 Library Hi Tech Award from the ALA/LITA for her long-term contributions in the area of Library and Information Science technology and its application. She can be found at:Â http://www.amazon.com/author/ellyssa.