Introduction to Canva: Graphic Design for the Non-Designer
Canva is an online graphic design website for those with little graphic design experience or more experienced users looking for an alternative to expensive design programs. While easy to use, the user-friendly platform has its secrets.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the following:
- Graphic design concepts that make eye-catching images
- Best practices for organizing and sharing images,
- Tips for creating professional-looking graphics
- Little-known features that make Canva even easier to use
- How your library may be eligible to get the premium version of Canva for free.
Instructor: AnnMarie Flora
AnnMarie has over a decade of experience working on the front lines in public libraries. She has worked in reference, cataloging, circulation, and youth services. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing and a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science and is the Adult & Information Services Supervisor at Seminole Community Library. Her passions include perfecting the library user experience, advocating for libraries on social media, and motivating people to write down and share their stories. AnnMarie has been using Canva as her graphic design platform of choice for over five years and uses it for everything from fliers to displays to social media graphics. She is here to share her knowledge and make you a better graphic designer.