Virtual Collaboration is becoming a standard way to work with teams. The workshop: Creating Online Collaboration & Discussion was created to highlight the online tools available to make teams effectively work in a virtual environment. During the live session, we discussed not only the tools but their strengths/weaknesses and pros and cons as a team resource.
The course description: Communication with co-workers, users and decision-makers is vital for libraries. Whether we are answering reference questions, teaching, collaborating or just connecting – it is what libraries are all about. With the move to virtual meetings, digital resources and online connecting – how can we enable this same level of sharing and communication?
During this workshop, we will explore:
– Cloud Storage and sharing tools
– Online Communication tools such as social media and online meeting software
– Online Collaboration Tools including wikis, social media and more
– Video and other hands-on tools – including how to create and market these resources
– Best practices for building connections and successful interactions in a virtual world
The training was held for SWFLN and SEFLIN members in April. The full slides are available on Slideshare.