Planning Like a Project Manager
This class will help attendees learn how to think about projects and activities in libraries from the perspective of a project manager. Participants in this class will develop the skills and knowledge needed to plan projects and other activities from initiation to execution effectively. By the end of the class, participants will be able to create robust project plans that help them execute those projects efficiently while mitigating risks and achieving successful project outcomes.
- Understand how project managers think of planning
- Identify project/activity requirements to initiate the project/activity
- Create WBS/Gantt Chart documents that help everyone stay on track
- Be able to estimate time and resource needs for a project or activity
- Understand how the budget is created for your planned activities
- Create a project plan that will guide everyone involved through the project
Robin Hastings is the Library Services Consultant for the Northeast Kansas Library System (NEKLS). In that capacity, she provides technology and consulting on library services to 40+ libraries in the NEKLS region as well as providing management for several state-wide services in Kansas. She has presented all over the world on Cloud Computing, Project Management, Disaster Planning and many other topics. Robin is the author of 4 books on library-related topics as well as several articles in library-related journals.