Creating an email list is a powerful marketing tool for libraries. Email marketing can bring the library into their userâ€™s inbox on a regular basis – and create a stronger relationship between you and your users. A recent Constant Contact survey found using email lists in conjunction with other social media can increase your overall customer engagement by 73%. We focused on using the free service MailChimp but the principles will be transferable to any email list service.
During this session, we focused on:
- best practices for collecting email addresses including ideas on expanding your email list
- ideas for utilizing email marketing effectively
- best practices for effective email for both mobile and desktop users
- how to add email marketing to your social media schedule and plan effectively
- how to collect and analyze statistics