The course description:
Enter the world of virtual reality where the virtual and real worlds collide in an amazing and immersive way. Virtual Reality brings together an immersive video and audio experience that transforms the user to new experiences. Google Cardboard is a low-cost way to introduce ourselves – and our users into this new technology.
During this interactive workshop, we will:
– take virtual field trips around the globe and beyond
– Brainstorm how to bring virtual reality into our current library programming
– Look at alternative virtual reality systems
– Delve into how to find virtual reality videos
– Discuss creating your own virtual experiences for engaging library users
Attendees are encouraged to bring smart phones so they can use Google Cardboard on their own. Additionally, attendees were able to play and experience a Samsung Gear Virtual Reality headset and a ViewFinder as well as create their own 360 videos.