Use of traditional laptops and desktops is dropping. Americans are moving toward accessing the Internet via mobile and touchpad devices. It is vital for libraries to create a strong presence for users on these devices – allowing users to access information in mobile optimized fashion.
Novare Library Services is experienced at creating low cost, easy to manage mobile interfaces for libraries.
Examples of Novare Library Services mobile development:
- The Florida Library Association Mobile Conference App 2013 allows attendees to view the program, create a list of favorites and more! This is the third concurrent year Novare has developed a mobile app for the FLA Annual Conference.
- We developed mobile sites for several libraries including: FAU, Palm Beach College, Boynton Beach City Library, Parkland Library and SEFLIN.
- Our CTO, Chad Mairn developed a mobile app for St Petersburg College.
- Novare Library Services developed one of the first collaborative statewide SMS services for Florida’s Ask a Librarian Service. Users at more than 100 Florida libraries can now text reference questions into the service and receive an answer via their smartphone.
- Chad Mairn and Diana Silveira have presented on “SMS and the Future of Libraries” at several conferences and workshops.